Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Apple's Upcoming Tablet: Hope for my Reading Life!

I'm really excited about the possibilities of the Apple tablet that's supposed to be unveiled later this month. I haven't been able to read much of anything other than quick-read graphic novels or online stuff I can pump up to 20+ font. My severe allergy/sensitivities to anything ON MY FACE means I've had to give up (mostly) using reading glasses and wearing earrings. I turn into an oozing alligator.

The LASIK helped a lot, as I didn't have to wear glasses every waking moment to sese. I only need them to read, basically, or do close work (threading needles, filing nails, pedicure, etc). My face has healed a lot, therefore, from the mess it was from my glasses. I still have hyperpigmented and scaly-prone, redness-prone areas, but they aren't in critical condition like they used to be. If I read the paper for a few minutes in the AM, I'll have red and itchy bits on the bridge of my nose and upper cheeks, but I moisturize and use redness relief stuff till it calms.

So, yeah. Can't really read novels much.

It gets tiresome, too, reading on the computer, since I can't lie down or lie on my tummy or recline comfortably.

I'll definitely keep my eye on that tablet. My Sony Reader is okay, but it has a limited largeness to the font and it's a small screen. Kindle's is bigger, but, eh, I trust Apple to make a better, more flexible product. Mostly, I need bigger. BIGGER.

If that doesn't work out, I'll invest in a 13 inch computer, the lightest and best my budget will allow, in order to be able to read again--though that means rebuying books in e-formats. Which is costly. You'd think they were still consuming ink, paper, fuel, and warehousing space with what they charge for e-books. Dang.

Anyway, please, Apple, rescue my reading life. I miss snuggling up with a novel...

post signature

3 comments:

David Meigs said...

I know exactly what you mean. Not being able to read like I used to is kind of like losing a best friend. And I used to read a book a day. These days, if I can't get the audio book version, I try to get them in PDF, or one of the other e-book formats.

Go Apple! I'm saving up for an iPad. :-)

Bless you, my friend.

オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

Funny College Stories said...

Its really an excellent post. I really enjoyed a lot. Keep up your work done.