Monday, July 20, 2009

CSFF Blog Tour: THE ENCLAVE

CSSF Blog Tour



Karen Hancock is one of those trail-blazing contemporary figures in Christian SF within the so-called "CBA"-- three letters that still denote the publishing houses that put out Christian books. I remember the chatter when ARENA came out. You might recall the slew of awards that she earned over the years for her novels, including the books of the Guardian-King series.

This week, the Christian Science Fiction and Fantasy Blog Tour focuses on Karen's latest offering: THE ENCLAVE. Here's a blurb:

When Lacey McHenry accepts a prestigious research fellowship at the world-renowned Kendell-Jakes Longevity Institute, she sees it as a new start on life. But a disturbing late-night encounter with an intruder leads to an unexpected cover-up by Institute authorities, and she soon realizes there's more going on than she ever imagined. She finds a supporter in genetics researcher Cameron Reinhardt. However, Reinhardt is a favorite of the Institute's director, and she can't help wondering if he, too, is in on the cover-up. The brilliant but absentminded researcher turns out to have his own secrets, some of them dark and deadly. The Enclave is characterized by adventure, intrigue, spiritual analogy, and romance, all set in an unusual but fully realized world--one that may have its foundations on earth but which, the more one learns of it, doesn't seem much like the earth we know at all.


I pre-ordered THE ENCLAVE months ago. I got it last month. I lost it this month. Hubby and I dug through my piles and burrows and under the bed and sofa, but no luck. The book clearly walked with God and was no more, because the Lord took it way. :)

So....I'll be buying another copy tomorrow from a local store. Hey, Karen, I will count for two of your sales numbers. :) I did try to find a way to buy it for download to read on my 'puter or my Sony Reader, but it wasn't available as far as I could see. The publishers need to look into that, eh?

Obviously, I haven't read THE ENCLAVE yet, so I can't review it. But I will. Meanwhile, you can read the first chapter HERE. Meanwhile, please visit Karen's site and, please, my tourmates-- who may actually have comments on the story itself. :)

Here ya go:

Brandon Barr
Jennifer Bogart
Keanan Brand
Grace Bridges
Canadianladybug
Melissa Carswell
Valerie Comer
Amy Cruson
CSFF Blog Tour
Stacey Dale
D. G. D. Davidson
Janey DeMeo
Jeff Draper
Emmalyn Edwards
April Erwin
Karina Fabian
Beth Goddard
Todd Michael Greene
Heather R. Hunt
Becky Jesse
Cris Jesse
Julie
Carol Keen
Krystine Kercher
Dawn King
Mike Lynch
Melissa Meeks
Rebecca LuElla Miller
Mirtika
Eve Nielsen
Nissa
John W. Otte
Steve Rice
Crista Richey
James Somers
Speculative Faith
Stephanie
Rachel Starr Thomson
Steve Trower
Fred Warren
Elizabeth Williams



post signature

1 comment:

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

Mir, so glad you came out of blogging semi-retirement to join in the tour. Fun post, with the raptured book and all!

I do hope you can read and review The Enclave. I'd love to hear your views.

Becky