Thursday, January 15, 2009

Waiting for my Word and Trying to Breathe While Waiting

The mango trees have been flowering, and this means that I have not been breathing well. For a month, it has been a struggle to get air in. My inhaled bronchial steroid's RX strength has been tripled. I've returned to using my nasal inhaled steroid (which I hadn't used all 2008, cause I'd felt fine most of the year, nosewise). I'm using nebulized albuterol a couple times a day. I even had to resort to Patanol eyedrops to stop the awful itching in my peepers. (All in all, I've filled 8 allergy/asthma Rx's this month).

Today was pretty good, though, for which I am soooo grateful. The 40 pound cat is off my chest. The invisible person strangling me seems to have taken a break. I actually did some laundry.

And my mood is good. I haven't suffered a big setback since my depression lifted almost exactly a year ago. I praise God for that.

So, it's a new year, and if an old health plague continues to harrass me, at least I can focus on other things as it's a time of beginnings. I'd like to get back to my writing, which I've totally dropped for going on 1.5 years.

I've spent a lot of time off this blog, too, and I feel bad about that. I had to attend to other things in 2008 and online stuff was just taking too much time--all those blogs, listservs, groups, etc. It's dangerous to get addicted to all the online events. Real life starts to become clogged.

But I'm feeling like I want to reconnect a bit. I've missed some old "faces". We'll see how well I do with retreading familiar bloggy grounds.

And like a gazillion other people, I'm resolving to lose weight. Heh.

Meantime, I'm waiting for this year's word or phrase or verse or command. I like to ask for something of the Lord to serve as guide. Last year was "hope."

Waiting...

post signature

1 comment:

sally apokedak said...

Real life is good, but it's always good to get back to the online peeps, isn't it? I'm glad to see you, Mir. I've missed you.

the allergies may give you blurred vision physically, but I've always enjoyed your sharp vision in intellectual realm.