Tuesday, December 09, 2008

FABLES comic books coming to TV

Yippee! I'm a big fan of the Fables series. (I've read all of them through the end of the war, and even read the Jack Horner spin-offs and the special Arabian Nights one.) I love folkloric retellings, and the urban fantasy version has been so cool.

From the Hollywood Reporter:

"We set up a structure to allow any fairy tale character to show up in any one episode," Metzner said.

The fairy tale characters will keep some of their trademark characteristics. For instance, Prince Charming will be handsome, while Big Bad Wolf will have to shave a four-day shadow from growing back every day.

But overall, "they are just like real people in the real world who live and breathe and look just like you and me," Metzner said.

Describing themselves as "lifetime comic book fans," Zicherman and Metzner fell in love with "Fables" when they read the series' first issue in 2002.


Now, it's coming to la television. I hope they don't screw it up. I need something fantasy-ish to look forward to since they've cancelled the dreamy PUSHING DAISIES and the delightful ELI STONE. Dang them.



post signature

No comments: