Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Mir Lives..and is now addicted to fresh, organic watercress

A big thanks to y'all (and you know who you are) who've emailed or commented and, most of all, who've prayed.

I've been sleeping normally for two days now (ie, not 14-17 hours a day). I can't believe I haven't read anything in weeks. Very weird. But I didn't have the ability to really focus. I'm gonna try a novel today and see if my focus is back for it.

I've been eating really well--heaps of organic fruits and vegetables. I am now addicted to a local organic watercress that I get delivered. If they bring me a batch today, I'm having it with lunch and dinner. Dang. Good. And there have been a couple of vegan macrobiotic meals that were incredibly good. I'm not vegetarian, but I do like having "no meat" days--always have. It costs a fortune to be totally organic for now, but I needed to do something to feel better and break the depression. So, hey, why not give it a shot?

I knew it was a good sign when I was waking up after 8 and 9 hours and when, yesterday, I belted out some classic Carole King in the shower.

The year may not have started out great, but I keep the faith it will be fabulous.

So, for those worried about me, thanks oodles. Kiss, kiss. Loves you muchly.

Hope to get updated on what's happening with y'all...bit by bit.

~

4 comments:

heather a. goodman said...

Carole King is always a good sign.
And I'm with ya on non-meat nights (even if I'm not a vegetarian either).
Good to see you back. We've missed you.

Josh said...

Glad to see you up and at 'em, Mir.

Selena said...

Yeah! Mir's back!

I am so glad that you are feeling better.

Carmen Andres said...

welcome back!! missed you!!