Thursday, September 06, 2007

Our Lady of Weight Loss:
Send and E-Card to a Dieting Pal

As regular readers of Mirathon know, The Mir is back on the healthy eating plan she discarded months and months ago.

Every bit of motivation helps. Behold:

Our Lady of Weight Loss--an art-oriented, humor-filled, motivational site for those on the journey to fat loss--has e-cards you can send.

Know a pal online who needs a dose of motivational art and humor?

There's a great e-card at left. It's the "Love Thyself" card, and the little scribblngs say:

"Exercise is my middle name."
"Yes, I can."
"Fruit over cake."
"No matter what, I'll stay the course."
"Love Thyself."

~~and my fave of all:
"I do not accept delivery of my ancestors' fat genes."



While the e-card is free, there are cool greeting cards and motivational objects for sale, and I just bought a bunch of them.

I especially am wild about the one at right. It's not ARTISTICALLY the neatest one. But the message is spot on. When you make a mistake. When you eat that bit of crap food. When you go over your calorie count. Sit, take a breath, assess the whys of it. Think of strategies for future avoidance and triumph. But, most of all, remember to say:

"All is Forgiven. MOVE ON."

Don't get ovewhelmed. Don't get depressed. Don't beat yourself into a bloody psychological pulp. "All is forgiven." You are human. You are complex. You have to struggle and strive. "Move on."

I am human. I am complex. I must struggle. And I must strive.

And I must move on.

Love that. Good to remember. Always, keep moving on. Leave the guilt and shame behind and MOVE ON and tackle the next snack, the next meal, the next hour, the next day, the next weigh in.

ALL IS FORGIVEN...Move on.

That works for more than dieting.

Oh, and dig the one on the left here. I keep wanting to put a "Thou shalt" in front of what's written: "Turn a deaf ear to cake."

Snarf.

And, oddly, I don't find this disrespectful. I guess I always imagine Mary being supremely poised and cool and with a healthy sense of humor. I mean, geesh, you get to be the mother of the Son of God and watch him grow, utterly perfect and full of grace. And he scolds YOU, instead of vice versa.

You HAVE to have had a sense of humor to get through that!

I think Mary would approve. And giggle. And add that, "Well, every once in a while, have some cake. But not that often."

So, you gonna send someone an e-card?

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cards are also a wonderful source of all your daily ad and spyware requirements.

Snark

Yeah, still love ya.

Once Upon A Dieter said...

What? Really? Don't say that!

Glad you love me. I only slept 3.5 hours and I'm cranky.

Mir

vijay said...

Well i was looking for a site for the information about turbulence training and came across your site and found that you have a really informative blog.

Phentermine said...

There are certain people who always crib about how modern technology has diminished and ruined mankind and how it has done more harm than good. Obviously they are dumb and they are cynics. But I would like to go with them with one favorite point of their’s that modern technology has made man lazy. I strongly believe this point or else how could sort of novel concepts like weight loss pills clicked with people. Courtesy of man’s new found super laziness people opt for weight loss pills like phentermine rather than sweating it out in the gym. What more inspite of repeating again and again that phentermine is a prescribed drug people blissfully prefer no phentermine prescription! Now you may call it laziness, ignorance or whatever, but it is truly dangerous!

Dr.Katherine.Paul said...

It is actually sad and surprising that inspite of being the first in the market to have started the trend of shedding weight by pill popping, phentermine is non existent today. Owing to the fact that the drug proved to be too dangerous, it had to be pulled out of the market. The good thing however is that there is a ‘safe’ weight loss drug that has entered the market albeit with a different but similar sounding name, you can buy phentremine a natural appetite suppressant.

weight loss said...

Once an individual suffers from obesity or overweight, it becomes highly important for him to trigger off weight loss and altogether weight loss is necessary to keep a whole lot of obesity induced disorders, namely, diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure et al at bay. Dieting and regular physical exercises can help in achieving weight loss and altogether the “weight loss” section of the website http://www.pill-care.com informs you that weight loss medicines such as Phentermine, Xenical etc can also help you trigger off instant weight loss if taken in accordance with the instructions of the doctor.

luccy said...

If you have fallen prey to obesity and would like to trigger off weight loss as soon as possible, then you should opt for diet pills such as Phentermine and Adipex that are extremely popular for inducing rapid weight loss among people across the world. You will find the relevant details of weight loss pills at http://www.weight-loss-truths.com that inform you that Phentermine is to be taken only after procuring a Phentermine prescription and also in accordance with the instructions of the doctor. So, get hold of a Phentermine prescription, administer the drug properly and transform your weight loss dreams into reality.

Anonymous said...

This blog have helpful content and information. Is there any formula to control diet and keep muscle tone with fitness? For more log on
Personal Trainer- www.just4ufit.com

Green Tea said...

Nice post, thanks for sharing this wonderful and useful information with us.

Green Tea Weight Loss

stephanie said...

I have tried another way to lose weight. I tried adipex and it is really effective. i have lost lots of weight. I ordered it online from www.medsheaven.com I highly recommend this, and this didn't require a prescription!

Susan said...

Hi Friends, I just lost 35 pounds and reached a plateau. So to put it up a notch I bought the Burn & Clear. WOW! I’m only on day 3, but I lost 3.5 pounds in one day two. What has given me motivation to keep it and make sure I exercise twice a day. Never thought I could eat as much and lose weight like crazy!
Quicktrim Canada or Usa

F. Belt said...

When you start to lose fat, you’re probably going to get constipated. Yeah, it happens more frequently than we care to admit (or share). You should have a good amount of fiber every day, anyway. Fiber is very important to your health (and your weight loss goals). Try the Metamucil snack wafers for a quick fiber infusion. Then, magnesium citrate for those… “stuck” moments, in which you’ll find yourself from time to time. Stick a bottle or two of that in your fridge for safe keeping, and don’t plan on going anywhere for 24 hours after taking a dose (trust me, trust me, trust me).

P. Hentermine said...

I strongly believe this point or else how could sort of novel concepts like weight loss pills clicked with people. Courtesy of man’s new found super laziness people opt for weight loss pills like phentermine rather than sweating it out in the gym. What more inspite of repeating again and again that phentermine is a prescribed drug people blissfully prefer no phentermine prescription! Now you may call it laziness, ignorance or whatever, but it is truly dangerous!

hannah said...

I lost a lot of weight by taking Phentermine that I ordered from WWW.MEDSHEAVEN.COM i am very satisfied!

puneet said...

Really good blog on weight loss. It good to see an honest account and you talking real sense too. Great!
you can really lose some weight by taking
phentramin d

Buy Phentramin-D said...

Phentramin-d is the most powerful diet pill for weight loss that you can buy online without a prescription. Phentramin-d diet pill reduce fat and boost your energy level.

Anonymous said...

Medsheaven.com had changed their website to WWW.MEDSHEAVEN.NET you can order all medications you are looking for from their new site medsheaven.net , I highly recommend them.

Penis Enlargement Pills said...

You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.

prescription drugs said...

This is very true ALL IS FORGIVEN.. move on. thanks for sharing this interesting post

Tyler said...

E cards can be a great form to greet anyone who living far from us. But this idea of greeting someone for weight loss is very unique. ;)

Acai Berry weight loss said...

I see that the best of these cards is the motivation for the person who receives it, which is very important during the process of weight loss