Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

Performance artsiness from the pop-rock past.

Still love the song after all these years. I'd love to have an updated version with Kate singing in a less stratospherical Cathy-Hysteria voice. But, hey, then it wouldn't really be Kate doing Cathy, huh?

Still dig her 80's wide-eyed, waifish style. Have no idea what she's looking like these days.

Now, must go listen to "The Man with The Child in His Eyes." (I wrote a poem, still in revisions, called "The Man with the Universe in His Eyes," and yes, I got the idea for the title from Kate's song.)

Give in to the low-budget enthusiasm of "Wuthering Heights." Enjoy.

3 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

Thanks for a great blast from the past.

I played 'Don't Give Up' by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush on the radio yesterday. Great song but Wuthering Heights will always be the big one for Kate.

UKSteve said...

Running up that Hill does it for me. Part of the soundtrack of my misspent yoof...

Carmen Andres said...

hey, girl, just checking in cause you haven't posted in awhile - hoping all (including you) is well. blessings.