Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yes, I'm Alive, Kicking, & Even Rocking!

And that kicking part is literal. I've been back on the dieting and exercising bandwagon. Lost 7 pounds and have a bit of soreness. (Yes, the elevated liver enzymes spooked me.)

I've been eating veggies and fruits (and some green melange health juice my local organic health-nut restaurateur makes up) and drinking enough water to make me spend a fortune in toilet paper.

Between the Novel-That-Makes-Me-Spaz-Out and the Diet-And-Exercise, I've not really had time to blog here much. I've had things I wanted to blog about, things I wrote down notes for blogging about, but I just didn't get around to it.

So, hey, just imagine I posted a host of witty and delightful stuff and we'll both be happy. (Well, I am happy.)

On the happy-making things:

~God spoke to me this week. Had me do something. Made a crazy-butt coincidence make it totally confirmed and possible. And it's done. No details forthcoming. Just that, well, it's pretty cool when that happens. Baruch HaShem.

~My husband is still the handsomest, cuddliest, sweetest man on the planet and he still loves me madly. As such, he's bringing me home some Applebee's Weight Watchers Menu food for dinner. How sweet is that? Yes, he makes me very happy.

~I've picked my winners and HMs for the DKA Poetry contest, and now we judges get to haggle for the final placements. But, whoo, it's hard making those choices. We had some really super entries.



~Alien Dreamer Merrie calls me a Rockin' Girl Blogger. Well, woohoo. I do, occasionally, rock. And I'm a girl. And I blog. So, yes. Yes. I am a Rockin' Girl Blogger. I like that. THANKS, Merrie. You rock, too, and so does your blog.

Since the tradition is to pass it on, pay it forward, you get the idea...here are three Rockin' Girl Bloggers:

Miz Carmencita who is lovely, smart, and always out there IN THE OPEN!
Miz Heather--AKA Elfin Princess White-Wearer--who raises her glass TO LIFE!
Miz Claudia Mair who is not at all "lame" and is a Ragammuffin Diva!


All of the above let their personalities and strengths and fears and weaknesses and lives and faith shine through in their blogs. That makes them ROCK for me. Plus, they all are very, very good writers. And that is super-rocking!

So, who's your Rockin' Girl Blogger of the day?

2 comments:

Carmen Andres said...

oh, mir, thank you! and right back at you!!

Merrie Destefano said...

Mir,
Keep up the great blogging! And I know what you mean about "the Novel-That-Makes-Me-Spaz-Out." I don't know why some books are tougher to write than others, but the one I'm working on has got real Spaz-Attack-Power. Writing it is like trying to fight a super-hero!

I'll keep you in my prayers, Blogger-Sis.

blessings,
Merrie