Thursday, August 02, 2007

Wanna Guest Post At Speculative Faith?



I'm not terribly great at multi-tasking. Since I really need to hunker down with the fiction writing, I'm gonna take a sabbatical of sorts over at Speculative Faith. I've been posting there for more than a year, and I'm so focused on something else right now, that I gotta whittle away at some online commitments.

If you're a Christian and I know you or know of you (ie, you're published in CSF or SF), or you've chatted me up on the listservs, and if you love SF, if you've got opinions, if you aren't a flamer (ie, you can post cordially and interestingly), and if you've been itching to add to the ongoing discussions over at Speculative Faith team blog, then please leave a comment here or email me at my AOL address, which is the name of this blog plus @ aol dot com.

Basically, if you've been reading the entries at Speculative Faith, you have already an idea of the sorts of thing you can post. "Christians exploring speculative literature." Says it pretty clearly. That can be poetry, short stories, novels, screenplays, plays, or comics/graphic novels. If it's written literature and it's speculative, you can post on it from a Christian perspective.

My spot is the Friday spot, so you'd need to post after midnight Thursday, and ideally before noon on Friday. (But, hey, as long as it's posted Friday...) And if you'd like to post a series of entries, let me know. I'd like to take off for the rest of 2007, so there's lots of open space.

Our team blog was recently mentioned in Publisher's Weekly, and sometimes we get editors dropping by to comment. So, it might turn into a really happening place, and it's certainly a cool place for Christian SF fans (in both meanings of that phrase.)

So, are you up to the challenge?

1 comment:

Jim Black said...

Did you find anyone to fill in for you? I would like to help.

I would like to write about how Christianity has been handled in comic books, Dr. Who, and different science fiction and fantasy stories.

Let me know if you still have any openings.

God bless.
Jim Black(The Bedford Review)