Monday, August 06, 2007

Got Tagged, but I Ain't Answering FORTY-SEVEN QUESTIONS! About Half will Do

Because I just gotta do it my way, I'm picking some questions of the 47 I prefer to answer. And I'll try to answer it in the Mir-Way, ie, not the usual way.

Voice is queen, baby!

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My mom, only she dropped the "h" in Mirtha (her name) to make mine Mirta. I thank her for it, even if I had to put up with years of folks unable to say my name right, which really irks me, ya know?

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING

Let's see. Do I like this thing that looks like a prehistoric bit of rune-making which not even I can decipher after a few hours of time have passed? Um...no. I fear it. I fear the power of my script, which is clearly of the devil. Nothing of God's would look like THAT! This explains my love of keyboarding. The devil cannot control my fingers here. hahahahaha. Take that, Lucifer!"

Penmanship was the only class in which I got a B in second grade. Otherwise, I was a straight-A Catholic schoolgirl.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?

Boar's Head low-sodium ham, thin-sliced. Then that mortadella from Laurenzo's Italian Market, the one without the pistachios. Then super lean pastrami.


6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?

Only if I could find a way to get me to open the door or answer the phone, which, barring the FBI or CIA adding their concerted efforts to the task, is not likely to happen, cause I'm pretty reclusive in real life and avoid people with all those germs that make me sick half the year if they get too near me. (I learned the hard way, after years of spending five to six months of the year incapacitated by infections.)

Unless you're sanitized from head to foot or are an alien without icky viruses and bacteria, you'll have a hard time getting near enough to befriend me. Unless you email.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?

No, never. Brilliant question, that.

15. RED OR PINK?

Take a close look at this blog. I think it speaks for itself.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?

My lousy health is just ahead of my desire to be an Angel of Vengeance and wreak bloody havoc. It's not a lovely thing, this desire of mine to pretty much wipe out a good portion of humanity. But this happens when I read the news--and so little of soothes the spirit. Which, maybe, os something I should stop doing for my soul's good.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO LINK THIS BACK TO YOU?

I want every sentient being in the universe to link back to me. And then I want them to link back to me A SECOND TIME, just to make sure.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS (Or Kilt) AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?

Black. And my husband would point out that I own about 5 dozen pairs of assorted black slacks/leggings/jeans/pants/bicycle shorts. I am not wearing shoes, because I am home. Were I not home, they'd be black, to go with the slacks. Or maybe red, as I own several pairs of red pumps and flats and the combination of black and red is one of my eternal favorites in fashion, which caused me to get the nickname "Red" in 9th grade. (See question #15 above and see my South Park online avatar top-left, where I have the hair color I should have been born with. Ahem.)

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?

The amazingly gorgeous, dreamy, haunting downtempo/electronica tune by SiA called "Breathe Me" from the album LADY CROISSANT. (If you watched THE FALLEN this past weekend, you heard a part of this song.) I have it on repeat.

"Enfold me
I am small and needy.
Warm me up and breathe me."


But I've got "Charlotte Sometimes" by THE CURE cued up. I love that tune based on a fantasy novel, no less. And Robert Smith has black hair, which is the best color hair, after all.

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?

My husband's thighs, the sea, gardenia blossoms on a night breeze, citrus, Vitabath Shower gel, cinnamon rolls baking.


25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO LINKED THIS TO YOU?

I do, indeed. A lot.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
(Sports. Ptui!)

27. HAIR COLOR?

My hair should be jet black. My real hair, the hair my soul demands, is jet black. God gave me dark, dark brown (now with bits of grey). I used to dye it jet black. Then soft black. Now, middle-aged, black doesn't suit me. Too harsh. I dye it a mix of darkest brown with mahogany (red overtone). It should be BLACK AS THE BLACKEST NIGHT. (sob, sob). Had they had lots of Goth style going around in the 70's in my high school, I would have dyed it black sooner than my late twenties.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?

Scary movies with happy endings.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Black and white kimono style top.

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?

THE SOUL OF RUMI and HOW TO WRITE A DAMN GOOD NOVEL.

42. FAVORITE SOUNDS?

My husband laughing. My husband breathing softly when he sleeps. And all sorts of music, but especially cello music or haunting acoustic guitar. And the wind in the palm trees.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?

Puhlease. LED ZEPPELIN!

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?

I can write a limerick at the drop of a hat. Whether that's special or not, well, you decide.


There once was a chica named Mir
Who lived with a germophobe's fear
of sneezing and hacking
and lung tissue cracking,
So Mir says don't dare come too near.


I just did that in 10 seconds. Likey?

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?

Bayamo, Cuba, the old province of Oriente. Which makes me "Oriental" by our country's reckoning. :) Interestingly, I'm the only one of my siblings born there, because I was a cesarean birth. The others were born in the hometown in the mountains of Eastern Cuba. I had to go and be different.


Becky Miller tagged me. She will pay. Heh. The full list of questions are on her blog (see preceding link.)

If you wanna play along, see all 47 questions at Becky's blog and then cherry-pick the ones you wanna answer--one or three or a dozen or ALL. And let me know if you were cool, funny, weird, funky, sassy, or insane. I like when people answer questions in unexpected ways. I'd especially like to see what Rebecca Grabill, Josh Vogt, Suz Robertson, Mike Duran, Heather G, and that lunatic Chris Mikesell come up with. But I invite all my bloggy pals to play along.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Now how am I supposed to top a limerick?

Josh said...

Nice limerick. And I agree wholeheartedly on the sports. Why bother?

Becky said...

No doubt you have a quick wit, Mir!

And now I'm living in fear and trembling as I wait for that payback! :-O

Jason, Jason, Jason. LOL Sports is a microcosm of life! The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat, and all that. Plus how to handle evil prospering, forgiving those closest to you, trying your best in the face of insurmountable odds ... on and on and on. Oh, yeah, sports are WELL worth watching and even more valuable when participating.

Becky

Mirtika said...

Becky, you meant "Josh, Josh, Josh..." :)

Mir

Heather said...

Almost forgot to tell you that I put up my meme today.