Thursday, July 12, 2007

Want To Sign Up for a Writing Challenge? Here Ya Go: SEVENTY DAYS OF SWEAT

I would have called it 70 Days of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Agony, but hey, that doesn't have the same ring to it.

If you need that little extra push to get you to the finish line of your rough draft, why not consider throwing in with the SEVENTY DAYS OF SWEAT challenge? Allison Kent has posted and invited you to sign up. She writes:

I’m sure you’ve all heard of the National Novel Writing Month where the goal of the participants is to write 50,000 words during the month of November. You’ve probably also heard of the Book-in-a-Week first draft blast, and may have heard of the Book in a Year challenge at eHarlequin, or simply the One Page A Day method to getting a book written in 365. How ’bout a book in seventy days? Doable? You betcha.

Say you’re writing a 100,000 word single title. 70 days at 1500 words per day (approx 6 pages) is 98,000 words total. Say you’re writing a 60,000 word series romance. 70 days at 900 words per day (approx 4 pages) is 63,000 words total. Writing 4 - 6 pages every day for 70 days is a schedule anyone who calls themselves a pro can handle easily!


GO HERE TO SIGN UP

I just signed up, so I'm starting late. I'll do my 6 pages tonight, and this will count as day one (ie, Wednesday).

I don't want to freak about the lag. I've got several chapters done, and a good deal of solid plotting, so it's not like I'm all that behind. I just need to catch up on the time I missed being a wheezy puffer fish on the couch for almost two weeks.

Let me know if you're getting on board, too. I'd love to have some blogging buddies for company.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Seeing as I just finished a draft and haven't decided what my next project will be, I'll have to pass for now. Curse my timing. I'm excited to see how the story is progressing, Mir. It has been a lot of fun to peek at so far.

Heather said...

I'm not so good at the signing lists sort of thing, but since I need to get a first draft done (and rewrites on another novel), maybe I'll mentally pretend I signed up. How's that?