Saturday, July 07, 2007

More Poetry Content Goodness! AKA
Can You Write an SF Sonnet That Rocks?

Okay, so you poetic and speculative types already got the word on the DKA contest. Today, I'm spreading the good word on another contest, with even better prizes.

If you can write a speculative sonnet, that is:

SFPA Second Annual Poetry Contest

Prizes are very nice this year:

1st Prize: $80, SFPA web site publication, and a year's membership (or extension) to the SFPA , and a copy of Aberrant Dreams I, The Awakening, and a set of MYTHIC anthologies, (MYTHIC and MYTHIC 2) signed.

2nd Prize: $40, SFPA web site publication, and a year's subscription to Tales of the Talisman, and a copy of Aberrant Dreams I, The Awakening.

3rd Prize: $20, SFPA web site publication, and a year's subscription to Dreams and Nightmares, and a copy of Aberrant Dreams I, The Awakening.


I can't remember ever writing a sonnet. If inspiration hits, I might give it a go. Especially now that I'm well on the way to normal summer congestion rather than sucking-for-air agony.

So, do you have an SF sonnet in your noggin aching to come out and strut it's iambic pentameter?


~

1 comment:

Deborah P Kolodji said...

Hi Mir,

Thanks for posting the news about our sonnet contest. We're at the point where we need to get the word out far and wide.

There are some GREAT prizes this year, so I'm hoping for some GREAT sonnets to match them.

Debbie