Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What The Mir Is Listening To: June 26

Mer De Noms by A Perfect Circle (2000 release)

The song Thomas is perfect writing music for a couple of scenes. The lyrics work, too, almost absolutely perfectly suited to the theme/character:

Humble and helpless and learning to pray
Praying for visions to show me the way

Show me the way to forgive you
Allow me to let it go
Allow me to be forgiven
Show me the way to let go

Show me the way to forgive you
Allow me to let it go
Allow me to be forgiven
And show me the way to let go

Illuminate me
Illuminate me
Illuminate me

I'm just praying for you to show me where to begin
Hoping to, hoping to reconnect to you.



And "The Hollow" is a great running from (to?)danger tune, with this cool bit of lyric-ing:

'cause its time to bring the fire down
throttle all this indiscretion
long enough to edify
and permanently fill this hollow



No comments: