Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mystery Solved: DREADMIRE by Chui

Back in February, I had posted an image of SF art and asked if anyone knew the artist.

Well, an anonymous commenter gave me the book on which the art is found, and that made it simple for me to google and find the artist. It turns out the painting is on the back cover of DREADMIRE. Here's the image of the back cover at amazon.com.

The artist is the talented Janet J. E. Chui That link will take you to a larger, nicer image of the artwork in question, and other works with dragons. Head on over and look.

If you're into angels, she's got a small collection in her gallery just on the bewinged ones.

And I don't know what this is, but this little critter made me smile. And if there are book monsters, then I surely have some around.

Visit Strange Horizons to see how Chui's art illustrates a story there. Oh, man, that's a cool image.

So, thanks, Anonymous.

1 comment:

Marcelle said...

I'd like to digress a bit because I heard you're into Sci-Fi...

For all the Kubrick (and IPhone) buffs out there:

A new spoof video making use of 2001: A Space Odyssey recently came out, and there's a mild amount of interest in the site itself: myiphoneevolution.com.

The video spoof itself is fun, but it would appear that there's an even more compelling reason to check the site out...

The guys who made the site are now calling for a contest for people to make their own viral videos!

I can't wait to see what people can come up with.