Sunday, May 06, 2007

Six Steps To A Good Weight Loss Outcome

According to master NLP weight loss coach Kathryn Martyn, these are the six steps to getting what you want in terms of weight loss:

1) State what you want (not what you do not want). "I want to weigh 135 pounds."
2) Determine whether you can achieve it (do you believe it is possible?).
3) What resources do you have and what do you need (time, money, gear, clothes, equipment, coaching, whatever).
4) Check whether anyone else is involved and any potential obstacles that may come up regarding others. Think of everyone involved in your day-to-day life.
5) Picture yourself "as if" you've obtained what you say you want and see if that picture fits. Do you like what you see?
6) Put together a plan of action for the achievement of your outcome.


Well, I've got 1 and 2 and most of three done. :)

~~

2 comments:

Valerie Comer said...

Mir darling. I lost 30-35 pounds (still wobbling!) in 7 months of 2006. I ate a lot. When I was hungry, I ate. I was hungry a lot. So I ate a lot. What I followed (quite strictly for the first few months, then eased off) was the Glycemic Index diet found at www.gidiet.com Well, I bought the book -- ten bucks.

The plan makes perfect sense. You eat healthy stuff. I exercised along with it. I swear by it! Email me if you want--you know where to find me.

Mirtika said...

I have the Insulin Resistance diet around here somewhere. I think it's very similar, no?

I'll visit that website. And I"ll know to contact you for "how to do it" advice if I get kinked up. THANKS.

Mir