Thursday, May 31, 2007

Robert J. Sawyer Story You Can Download

In light of the Prix Aurora Award being open for nominations, Robert J. Sawyer has offered his eligible story called "Biding Time" as a free Word download. Go help yourself. Sawyer has won the Aurora before, and back in '97, he had the double distinction of winning both the novel award (STARPLEX) and the short story one ("Peking Man").

The Prix Aurora recognizes science fiction and fantasy literary works by Canadians (in both French and English). (Snarky, you got anything eligible for nomination?)

Let me know if you spot other authors offering their works online.

3 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks for this tip!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mir,

No clue. Never heard of it and no idea how one would become eligible. Is it antoher one of those online popularity contests? If it is, and if i have something eligible, then vote for me! I mean my story.

Mirtika said...

I"d be happy to toss aside all sense of fairness and objectivity and totally vote for you. :) Unless, well, it's a blasphemous story. Then I'd have to ask God to strike your head with a lightning bolt. heh.

Honestly, I have no idea what the eligibility is. Go to their site. (It was a really poorly designed site from what I recall, but they MUST have the rules somewhere.)

You didn't click the link, didja, Snarkboy?

Here: http://www.sentex.ca/~dmullin/aurora/nom07bal.html

Eligibility:
To nominate one must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.

You may select up to 3 nominees in each category. All selections will be given equal weight. There is no fee to nominate.

I wonder if Elliot knows he can nominate!

Well, I guess this means you can nominate a story, too. :)

Mir