Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pray, Saints, Pray!

The title of this post is a fave exclamation of an online pal of mine, a devout Pentecostal woman who will email her periodic urgent prayer requests, then close each one with, "Pray, saints, pray!"

I know how she feels when she says that. I know cause I just read this:


National Weather Service forecasters said they expect 13 to 17 tropical storms, with seven to 10 of them becoming hurricanes.

The forecast follows that of two other leading storm experts in anticipating a busy season.

The likelihood of above normal hurricane activity is 75 percent, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said.

"With expectations for an active season, it is critically important that people who live in East and Gulf coastal areas as well as the Caribbean be prepared," said Bill Proenza director of the national hurricane center in Miami.



Er, I live in Miami. I still have a roof leak in the way back room from Hurricane Wilma. (Sigh) I still have PCBHSD (post crazy-butt hurricane seasons disorder).

Excuse me, I have to go lock myself in my prayer closet for about six and a half months. With non-perishables. And a flashlight.

PRAY, SAINTS, PRAY!
~

1 comment:

***CCC*** said...

Scary does not even begin to describe the feeling hearing THAT!!!

I believe we will ALL be praying indeed!