Thursday, May 24, 2007

Gerard Buter and WATCHMEN: Is it Off?

I'm somewhat bummed to read the following at IGN:

With his dance card filling up fast, Scottish actor Gerard Butler doubts he'll be involved in 300 director Zack Snyder's big-screen adaptation of the graphic novel Watchmen after long being rumored to play the doomed Comedian.

When MTV.com asked about Watchmen, Butler grimly replied, "We've been talking about [Watchmen] for awhile, but [Zack's] never told me a character and to be honest, now I'm looking a little bit picked up ... I don't know if Watchmen is going to be happening."


I was so excited when the news got out he was considering the flick based on the classic Alan Moore graphic novel. I really enjoyed reading the dark, dense WATCHMEN, and so wanted our Gerry to be in it.

Well, at least our boy's got a full dance card. We'll be seeing him in something cool, if not WATCHMEN.

No comments: