Sunday, March 11, 2007

New SF Group: Life Is Too Grim Already

LITGA
Well, the league's title made me smile. Here's their raison d'etre:

The (tentative) LITGA League mission statement is: to promote the creation and distribution of "not grim" science fiction and fantasy, largely by
making it easier for readers to find this kind of book. (This is to the benefit of readers *and* writers *and* publishers so we hope to recruit membership from all of those categories.) "Not grim" does not mean that nothing bad ever happens. We're not trying to promote boring books. We merely require a happy ending, and that the overall feel of the book is not "dark","gritty" or "depressing".


If anyone wants to post a list of their LITGA-worthy SF, by all means. Comment away.

I like dark and gritty, and I like happy endings. Does this mean I'm only half-Litga material?

2 comments:

SolShine7 said...

Interesting group. I guess sci-fi comedy would be a good fit. Something along the lines of Men In Black or...Pluto Nash.

I think I may be the only person who saw Pluto Nash outside of the actors and crew's family & friends. I thought the movie was cute in a goof ball way, but then Rosario Dawson was in it and I'm a big fan of hers.

So yeah...interesting find.

SolShine7 said...

Interesting group. I guess sci-fi comedy would be a good fit. Something along the lines of Men In Black or...Pluto Nash.

I think I may be the only person who saw Pluto Nash outside of the actors and crew's family & friends. I thought the movie was cute in a goof ball way, but then Rosario Dawson was in it and I'm a big fan of hers.

So yeah...interesting find.