Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Mir is Dropping Tears on the Keyboard

But it's for a good reason. I got good news a few minutes ago:

I'm nominated for a RHYSLING AWARD!

Now, to understand why this would bring me to tears, when you're probably going, "What the heck is a Rhysling award?" you have to understand how much I love poetry, and how much I admire so many speculative poets, such as Joe Haldeman, Samantha Henderson, Mikal Trimm, Marcie Lynn Tentchoff, Deborah P. Kolodji, David C. Kopaska-Merkel, Mike Allen, Karen Romanko, Bruce Boston, and a host of others who, in comparison to me, are glorious unicorns to my little mushroom gnat self.

At least, that's how I see it.

So, to have one of MY poems in the Rhysling Anthology for 2007, for short form poem published in 2006, well...

I cry. That's what I do.

Thanks to the person (or persons) who nominated me. I'm just utterly astonished.

8 comments:

Eve Nielsen said...

Congrats! I'd cry too.
Eve

Elliot said...

Congratulations!

I know what the Rhysling is, but only because Gene Wolfe won it years ago. ;-)

Mirtika said...

And a well-earned win that was, too for "The Computer Iterates the Greater Trumps."

If anyone wants to read it, get this:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0809511622/ref=nosim/strangehorizons

Mike Duran said...

That's fantastic, Mir! You rock!

Anactoria said...

Its an excellent poem (imho). Congratulations. :o)

Josh said...

Many congratulations, Mir! Love the images the poem evokes. Beautiful.

Mirtika said...

Oh, man, you guys are so kind. Thank you A WHOLE LOT :)

Mir

Mikal Trimm said...

Good for you, Mir! Best of luck!

Mikal