Sunday, January 21, 2007

SF/F Books-In-A-Minute

Ultra-condensed for your convenience. :-)

SF/F BOOKS-IN-A-MINUTE

Examples:

The Collected Works of Marion Zimmer Bradley:

Heroine

I am a strong, independent women. Well, maybe I'm not that independent. Wait, yes I am.

THE END




THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN:

Scientists

A deadly virus that turns blood into a fine powder has been brought to Earth by a fallen space probe. We must contain the area and study the virus in our impenetrable fortress-like laboratory.

(They do.)

Horror! The virus is loose in our impenetrable, fortress-like laboratory. We are trapped by our own ingenious defenses! We are going to die!

(They don't.)

Oh. The virus has inexplicably mutated into a non-fatal form. It now eats rubber instead of turning blood to powder. We aren't going to die after all.


Reader
COP OUT! COOOOOOOOOP OUT!

THE END

2 comments:

Josh said...

Yeesh. They're like potato chips...gotta keep clicking until you finish them all. I think my coworkers are wondering what I'm snorting at over here. I especially like the collected works of Stephen King summary and that of Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire.

Mirtika said...

I lost it at "the god of toothpaste" in the Lawhead DRAGON KING one.

Mir