Thursday, January 11, 2007

Blogging: Learning from Stephen King

If you haven't read King's ON WRITING--which I found to be a marvelous bit of a stroll through a famous writers life and mind--you can head over to KEEP ME IN SUSPENSE, where L. Harris has gleaned Stephen King's advice for you in easily digestible nuggets.

Each point is pretty much common sense or something you've heard from other writers, but it's not a bad thing to check out what a top pop-fic master has to say as a reminder that there is no easy way to do it. I think "read a lot and write a lot" is probably the best advice of all.

4 comments:

Josh said...

I think I've read On Writing now about four times, and it is never any less inspiring or refreshing. Or more full of the common sense that so many discard on their search for what must be the "single secret of succesful writing."

SolShine7 said...

Thanks for the link.

Mirtika said...

You're welcome. :D
Mir

Gecko Rock said...

I picked up On Writing out of an interest in browsing the mind of Stephen King rather than learning how to write. I thoroughly enjoyed the read.