Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Balance Odious O'Donnell With Acid Ann?

Mirmorandum

To: Barbara Walters
From: Mirtika
Re: Blasting THE VIEW rating through the roof
Date: Duh

Looks like having Many-Chips-On-Shoulder-Woman, er, I mean Rosie O'Donnell, calling people (Kelly Ripa) homophobic without the slightest cause, and sing-songing Chinese in a dodo-headed manner (she PC-wise sees homophobes behind and next to and in front of every bush, but I guess she missed the memo on how not to offend Asian folks), and falsely accusing badly-coiffed business tycoons of bankruptcies are all good for ratings. People always like to watch self-absorbed buffoons with self-importance glands the size of Montana blather away and cause brouhahas. It's like a freak show.

I say: Up the stakes. Make it a fair fight of easily riled blabberers.

Yes, Barbara, yes. Hire an extreme and loud-mouthed righty to duke it out daily with your extreme and loudmouthed lefty loon Rosie.

Today, draw up a contract for Ann Coulter to join the table at The View. If she's not available, we can always dig up a second string Red State whippersnapper to keep things verbally broiling on the set.

Rosie loves attacking. I say: fair and balanced. Have someone there firing right back.

Trust me. Fireworks, feuds, constant appearance across the net gossip rags and in PEOPLE magazine and assorted cable shows.

Do it today, BW.

Respectfully,

The Mir
--who can't escape the news bites about the Trump/Rosie brouhaha, but doesn't watch your show cause the when it debuted, all I could think of was, "Dang, can these gals please stop shouting over each other!?" I might watch if there's a chance that Rosie O'Donnell will swallow Ann Coulter's head whole or that Ann will throw a bucket of water on Rosie-O so she starts melting, melting...

Oh, what a world, what a world.


Totally Time-Wasting Addendum: If you want a laugh, visit the Rosie vs Trump game at GSN.com. The best part: Barbara and her wishy-washy, CYA cheerleading in the background, plus what happens when you whack away at your space bar and unleash each fighter's secret weapons. :::hee:::

2 comments:

SolShine7 said...

I wrote a blog about Rosie O'Donnell and her infamous "ching chong" comment. I remember when I used to like The View...back in the day (a.k.a before Rosie). I actually wrote Barbara Walters and O'Donnell a letter via their ABC website because those comments she made about Asian-Americans weren't cool and her pseudo apology really didn't cut it either...but what else can yoy do but speak your voice and pray for her.

Now, what I really stopped by here to say was how much I enjoyed reading your "A Matter of Style: What is it anyway?" post. I don't think I could have said it better. They way your wrote makes me really want to read the fantasy book that your profile says you're working on. By the way, how's that coming along?

Oh--and thanks for the comment on my blog. Comments make me smile and I love to smile, really...ask my family. They might even say I smile too much. But what can I say, smiling is fun. Plus, it's way better than crying. When you turn that frown upside down you're saving trees (all that tissue). So save the trees Mirtika...hehe.

Take care, God bless and keep on writing!!

Anonymous said...

For a scathing weekly analysis of Ms.Coulter's column with a liberal dose of humor,wit and logic go to http://www.antianncoulter.org