Monday, December 04, 2006

Demotivational Posters For All Types

Did you ever watch DARIA on MTV? (I loved her!) These posters, many of them, remind me of her. And of some cynical or snarky pals I've had. And of me, even, when I go into Anti-Pollyanna mode.

Behold:




MOTIVATION
"If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you, you probably have a very easy job. The kind that robots will be doing soon."




WISHES
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor."


(Note: Looks like the made an astronomical boo-boo. That meteor looks suspiciously like a comet! Also, if it's still hurtling, it's a meteor. It's only a meteorite after it crashes.)

Effort make me snarf, too. And Despair.

And you can see that I made the effort to have SF elements (robots, meteoric death-bringer).

Adding to the snarky hilarity are the "perfect for" suggestions when you go to the individual pages for each poster. Some make me spit with glee. Oh, and "disaffected college students" comes up with regularity.

Thanks to Carmen for the linkage. Go read them all.

No comments: