Sunday, December 31, 2006

Christmas Cthulhu

Thanks to Josh of Through a Glass, Darkly blog for the link to the plush toy versions of Cthulhu. Bizarre stuff. But the Santa Cthulhu actually made me giggle:


The jingly bells added to the end of the tentacles is a touch of GEEEEEEnius.

(Did they base Davy Jones on Cthulhu? Look at them squiggly face things! Maybe he's "dread" Cthulhu cause he's got his own face version of "locks")

The wikipedia article on Cthulhu has this as the chant used by followers of the Dread One: "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

I think Lovecraft had a huge laugh writing out that chant, which, clearly, no one with only one tongue can pronounce.

1 comment:

Nathaniel said...

And here I am just cruising around for quality copies of this image, and I stumbled upon this site. I'm giving you and this site a thumbs up all around for this. This site has a sense of humor and, for lack of a better(or real) word, welcomeness I rarely find in Christian-oriented sites, and a breath of fresh air for those of us of other orientations (an athiest myself).

And yes, Davy Jones is mildly based off of C'thulhu. And if your ever in the market for C'thulhu related items, I got a nice list of places that sell products based on Lovecraftian works(bit of an addict myself).