Saturday, November 11, 2006

Honoring Those Who Fought Our Battles


Veteran's Day is a day set aside to honor the veterans of America's wars. It was originally known as Armistice Day to commemorate the official ending of hostilities in World War I - which occurred at the eleventh hour, of the eleventh day of the eleventh month in 1918.



As you pray for a resolution to the conflicts in our own day, remember and pray for those who still live with memories of conflicts past. It can't ever be easy, no matter how just the cause. War never is.

Thank you, American Veterans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for remembering. It seemed like no one cared about Veteran's Day. I did a tribute to my dad on my blog.

Mirtika said...

Aw, dads are great. I miss mine. :(

Veterans Day sort of passes us by, doens't it. It's like Memorial Day gets a tad more interest.

Well, I think and pray about our soldiers every day, and my hairdresser of 18 years' poppa was in the Korean War and he volunteers at the VA...so, I do think about veterans. And appreciate them.

Mir