Monday, October 16, 2006

:::::::::::SCREAM::::::::::::::::::

I just found out (while reading Neil Gaiman's journal on Bloglines), that folks who pre-ordered ABSOLUTE SANDMAN at the (erroneous) price of fourteen bucks get to keep it for...FOURTEEN BUCKS.

Amazon done a nice thing.

I'm horribly, terribly, tooth-gnashingly jealous I didn't pre-order at that price. Truth is, I didn't even LOOK at the page cause all those ABSOLUTE volumes are muy costoso. (translation: beaucoup bucks.)

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I coulda hadda ABSOLUTE SANDMAN for FOURTEEN BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Serenity Now. Serenity Now...)

From this day--if I remember, ahem--I'm checking all books that even slightly interest me for pre-order on the faint chance of finding an erroneously, outrageously cheapo price tag. ::::wicked grin::::

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you think that sucks, never play the stock market.

It's funny, but I find it more enjoyable wanting most things than having them. Take Chrystler's C300. Last year I really, really WANTED one. But now this year they're even better. The stuff I want stays new and keeps getting better. The stuff I have just gets old, fast.

Snark

Mirtika said...

I play the SPOCK MARKET and I kinda sucked. This tells me not to play the real one (I leave that to our corporate financial people, who have doubled our investment in the last year), cause I would worry too much if *I* had to actually do it.

I'm constantly buying,selling, buying, selling. And it's not even real money. AHAHAHAHA.

I'm such a dork.
Mir

Anonymous said...

Really! They've doubled your investment in 1 year! Sounds like they're into the high risk plays. I say SELL! SELL! So you should probably hang onto it. I've mangage to about halve my investment in just under a decade.

Mirtika said...

Yep. They've done quite well for us so far. And yes, they have some moderate and some high-risk. I left that decision to hubby, cause I get hives just thinking "high risk". I'm about as risk aversive as they come.

Mir

Mirtika said...

Well, we have some real estate. If we see several hurricane free years, that might pay off. :)

Mir