Wednesday, October 11, 2006

NaNoWriMo & Christian Speculative Fiction



Are any of you writers of Christian Science Fiction or Christian Fantasy going to do the NaNo this year?

Well, if my carpal tunnel syndrome doesn't flare-up and make me a cripple, I'm planning to give it a shot. I have this internal editor I need to gag and stuff in a closet.

If you are writing CSF, or want to write a novel of CSF, and you sign up for NanoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), then drop by the topic I've started at the "fantasy" area of the forums:

An ACFW & DKA & F*i*F Christian Speculative Fiction Support Lounge

If you misplace the link, you can just click on FORUMS, then go to FANTASY, then scroll til you hit us. As of today, we're on the first page of the fantasy forums. Mine is the topic with a golden halo. (Only one there so far.)

It might be an insane thing to do, and I have no idea if I'll get through it (given my physical issues), but it's worth a shot. Sounds like something to stir up the brain, kill the tyrannical editor (for a month, at least), and get me out of my slump.

Post me a comment if I haven't already buddied you up in my profile.

This starts one second past midnight on November 1. Are you tempted?

3 comments:

chrisd said...

Hi Mir--it's Chris from NaNo avoiding doing the dishes and going to bed. Brrr-it's cold here in Chgo.

Hope you have a great day!

Bonnie Calhoun said...

I'm going to do NaNo...but not with SciFi...!

Mirtika said...

Bonnie, you can still drop by the Faith*in*Fiction topic. JMark, Suzan Robertson, Jane LeBak, and some of ther other FinFers are there.

BTW, what name are you registered under so I can buddy you?

Mir