Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Mirathon Is A Year Old Today. YAY!

Happy anniversary to ME.
Happy anniversary to ME.
Happy anniversary to MIRATHON!
Happy anniversary to ME.

That's right. I've been yapping here for 12 months straight. Egads. Here's a link to my earliest posts.

When I checked my site meter (the one that only registers unique visitors, not multiple page views), it ws at 10, 331 this morning. Wow. I didn't figure I'd get 1000, unless they were all me.

Thank you for stopping by. Once, twice, daily. Muah!

Interestingly, this is the only "journal" I've been consistent with. Go figure. The power of the blog is great, my children. Of course, it's not like a real, paper, leather-bound, maybe key-locked journal where you can say the rottenest stuff you think and feel with a sense of privacy. But I still spill my guts here from time to time. So, I consider this therapy.

And it keeps me cogitating. Good anti-Alzheimer's maneuver that.

It also makes me connect, somewhat, to the world. Good for that stubborn hermit streak of mine, that genetic reclusive trait.

As a new bloggy year starts, I continue to covet prayers, comments, questions, and friendship.

Thank you for hanging with The Mir, even when I'm cranky and a dolt. I'll try to be pleasanter this year to come.

But...um...you wouldn't want me too pleasant, right?

To quote from my first blog entry ever back on October 17, 2005, altering only the very last word to suit THIS occasion, I say this:

So, as the music plays, the earth turns, the sun burns, the books are printed, the internet buzzes, and the living God moves in the hearts of his people...let the Mirathon continue...

8 comments:

Tina said...

Happy blogiversary Mir! Though I don't comment frequently I enjoy reading daily!

Mirtika said...

Thanks, Tina, you and your lovely flower. :D

Mir

Matt Mikalatos said...

Congratulations!

Bonnie Calhoun said...

Happy Anniversary, happy anniversary...and many more!

You aren't cranky or a dolt, you expressing your artistic flair! LOL!

Ain't it fun over on Miss Snark's?

carmen said...

I add my prayer to yours. Mirathon is a bright spot in my cyberspace wanderings. Happy Anniversary!

Mirtika said...

Thanks, Bonnie-Girl and Carmen-chica.

Bonnie, you totally rocked SnarkWorld.

Any time I can be a bright spot, I'm THRILLED. Thanks.

Mir

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I look forward to reading your blog every day.

Mirtika said...

Thanks, Jim. That's a really nice compliment...

Mir