Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday Femme at Speculative Faith:
Analyzing "Hell Is The Absence of God"

I've begun my analysis of Ted Chiang's "Hell is the Absence of God" over at Speculative Faith. Here's the start:

This novelette won the Hugo and the Nebula awards. And what an exhilaratingly plotted story with a horrifying and perplexing and brilliant and vexing conclusion. It's a complicated story told in a clean, simple prose. I'll need at least two, maybe more sessions to go through it.

But first, the beginning:

“This is the story of a man named Neil Fisk, and how he came to love God.”


Do join the discussion, whether you've read it or not. Expect spoilers. You can download and read the story for a very modest charge here.

We had fun discussing the previous story. Let's have fun with this one, too.

1 comment:

The Curmudgeon's Rant said...

Sounds fascinating. I read part one and look forward to part two. I’ll check out the download.