Monday, September 18, 2006

Christian Science Fiction & Fantasy
Blog Tour for September 2006:EDENSTAR

Good morning. It's MONDAY. And it's BLOG TOUR TIME! For the next three days, we'll be touting our subject du month.

Sharon Hinck's post for this blog tour relates a personal incident in her writing journey:
I was struggling. I felt a deep call to write, but wasn't sure which direction or which genre to pursue. One talented writer in the group, Cheryl Bader, read chapters each month from her youth fantasy, MAKER'S POOL.


It turns out that Cheryl Bader--who inspired Hinck to follow her muse into speculative Christian fiction--and Cheryl's hubby, Bill, are behind the site that's the focus of this stop on the CSFFBT: EDENSTAR BOOKS AND GAMES. You can read Becky Miller's interview with Bill Bader right now over at Speculative Faith.

Today, I'd like to point you to the reviews section of the site. (Sidetrack Note: I had originally intended to point out their games section, but my gaming-enthusiast, game-testing textbook author, engineer hubby snorted that it's pathetic. My reply: Well, if they're not writing Christian-themed SF video games of the highest quality, then that's not the site's fault. It's the industry's. And maybe, just as we wish to have better and more Christian SF in fiction, some folks need to get behind more and better Christian SF games, films, etc. Okay, so it touched a nerve!)

To read the assorted reviews, go here. They also courteously provide links to reviews at other sites.

Do drop by EDENSTAR and the bloggy homes of my other blog tourmates:

Jim Black
Jackie Castle
Valerie Comer
Bryan Davis
Beth Goddard
Leathel Grody
Karen Hancock
Elliot Hanowski
Sherrie Hibbs
Sharon Hinck
Jason Joyner
Tina Kulesa
Shannon McNear
Rebecca LuElla Miller
Cheryl Russel
Mirtika Schultz
Speculative Faith
Stuart Stockton
Steve Trower


Have browsing fun!


, ,,,

3 comments:

Becky said...

Great point about the games.

I think it would be harder to keep up with games, too, unless one has unlimited financial resources. Maybe I'm wrong, but I sort of doubt freebie games for review are as plentiful as freebie books.

Becky

Beth Goddard said...

I don't think I saw two Christian-themed playstation games on their site--Larry Boy and Left Behind!

I was excited to see these coming out in Playstation 2--my kids prefer these gmes over computer games. Oh yeah, there's also the Bible Game. . I have no idea if it's any good or not, but it's offer on Playstation 2.

Beth.i

Bonnie Calhoun said...

Sounds good, I'll have to tell my Hub to check it out.

Did you know that Christian Science Fiction and Fantasy, CFBA, and FIRST Day have a blog together on MySpace called Christian Fiction Bloggers!