Sunday, September 17, 2006

And I've Read Not A Single One Of Them

Literary News:

Six authors were named yesterday to the shortlist for the $93,700 Man Booker Prize for Fiction. The winner of the prize, Britain’s leading literary award, is to be announced in London on Oct. 10. The surviving candidates, chosen from a group of 19, are Kiran Desai for “The Inheritance of Loss” (Hamish Hamilton); Kate Grenville for “The Secret River” (Canongate); M. J. Hyland for “Carry Me Down” (Canongate); Hisham Matar for “In the Country of Men” (Viking); Edward St. Aubyn for “Mother’s Milk” (Picador) and Sarah Waters for “The Night Watch” (Virago). Last year’s winner was “The Sea” (Picador) by John Banville.


And here I am, reading comic books. Er...

So, what are the chances I'll read any of the Booker nominees within the next year. Take a guess. Answer below.*

~
~
~
~

*Zip



2 comments:

ragamuffin diva said...

And speaking of books you haven't read...

I FINALLY mailed your copy of Murder. I'm so sorry I got sick and it took me so long.

It's a comin'. Hang in there with it.

Mair

Mirtika said...

Oh, goody! Thanks, Mair. :)

Mir