Friday, September 29, 2006

AGE'S END: Prologue is Up at Mir Fiction

Can I just say that Meg Moseley rocks! The wonderful Meg, who kindly agreed to be my proxy at the ACFW award banquet, mailed me my winner's plaque. I got it in the mail today, and, despite the misspelling of my middle name, it's quite nice. Meg wrapped it in really elegant tissue paper with a pretty print, and she included a flowery, feminine card, too.

It felt like I had a second birthday!

You can read her post-conference blog over at Megawriter. She documents a lovely thing she did on my behalf (which I did not ASK her to do, mind you):
An answered-prayer moment: I had asked God to give me just one minute with a particular editor, not to pitch to him, but to ask if a friend could submit her work since she couldn't attend the conference, but she won her category of the Genesis contest. At breakfast on Sunday, he walked by. I said hi, and he sat down and said he had five minutes. That's five times what I'd asked for.


Ain't she a peach?

Do me a favor? Throw up a prayer on her behalf today? She's been working so very hard on her manuscripts. She's got a nifty agent and she's a very gifted writer. She just needs the right editor, I think. Ask God to send him or her Meg's way.

Anyway, for those who've asked to read some of my WIP, I've uploaded the very short prologue to Mir Fiction. Read it here.

If you like it, comment. If it hooks you into wanting to read more, let me know. If it's not working for you, or if you hate it, tell me why specifically. I like feedback. I'll try to be a good sport. Honest.

Okay, I'm behind writing my Speculative Faith blog post, so I gotta go do that. Later.

3 comments:

The Curmudgeon's Rant said...

Congrats again on the award. The plaque sounds nifty, even if the middle name’s not spelled right. I hope you put it on display in a nice place. I know I would. You rock!

I’ll go have a peek at your story. Catch you later, kid.

The Curmudgeon's Rant said...

Congrats again on the award. The plaque sounds nifty, even if the middle name’s not spelled right. I hope you put it on display in a nice place. I know I would. You rock!

I’ll go have a peek at your story. Catch you later, kid.

Mirtika said...

Did you get yourself transported during an ion storm? There's two of you (like Kirk and Spock and McCoy and Uhura in MIRROR, MIRROR).

So, which one is Evil Curmudgeon?

Or is it just evil Blogger.com?

Mir