Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Affairs of Dragons...and Wizards

Shannon McNear continues to post on the ACFW Conference, and it's good reading--especially for CSF writers and readers.

I especially found charming the pic of the table art for the SF crowd, because the dragon has a silly smile and it sports one of my fave slogans, which you can see (I hope) on this bumper sticker (which you can purchase if you want to display fannishness on your car):




The sticker's dragon may be more artistically correct, but the table art one was more whimsical and fun. I wonder who got to keep it as a memento?

If you're wondering why the sticker may sound familiar, it's from LOTR:

“Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

2 comments:

Shannon said...

LOL, Mir!! Yeah, the artwork was great ... I snagged that sign as soon as I left the table because I wanted to bring it home and scan it and use it on the blog. As I said, the actual scan was crappy but at least the artwork came out bold and clear (actually more clear than IRL).

Anyway, thanks for noticing! (You were MISSED!!!!!)

Anonymous said...

I always enjoyed that jib on Gandalfs warning.