Thursday, September 21, 2006

ACFW Conference 2006 Underway

Many of my online writing and blogging pals are off to the 2006 American Christian Fiction Writers Conference, whose keynote speaker this year is Liz Curtis Higgs, and whose key verse and theme are as follows:

Isaiah 43:19
"Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?
I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert." KJV

New Beginnings

Dallas, Texas
September 21 - 24, 2006


If you can spare some prayers in the next few days, I hope you will ask God to bless the attendants with safety, good fellowship, guidance, good networking, and answered prayers. A lot of hopes get packed along with banquet wear and comfy shoes, hopes for stories of the heart, for many-times-revised manuscripts, for new friendships, for an understanding counselor, for mentors, for enthusiastic editors.

I wish all my pals who are going traveling mercies and much, much more.

And I ask for special prayers for my critique pal, Meg Moseley (whose entry won the overall fiction contest prize at last year's conference), as she is being kind enough to be my proxy at the awards banquet, on the long shot that I land a spot among the winners.

If any of the lovely ACFW folks post updates (editorial requests or changes, new lines, etc), I will try to remember to link them up for those of you out there who are writing Christian fiction and desire market news. I'm sure some will be live-blogging. I'll check around.

You might want to check some of these blogs in the coming days or next week for conference info-goodies:

Camy's Loft
Sonoran Saga
The Eloquent Mr. Bertrand
Forensics and Faith
Robin's Writing World
Ronie Kendig
Michelle Sutton
The Master's Artist
Lisa Samson
Fallible

And for those who wished they had gone, couldn't, but want the tapes or CD-ROM, you can get it here.

1 comment:

Camy Tang said...

Thanks for the link, Mir! And congrats on winning! I can't tell you how hard it was not to say anything, esp when you emailed with, "I don't think I'll win anything..."
Camy