Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Love The T-Shirt,
Even If I Lean Patriarchally

Okay, so I'm not rah-rah about women-as-pastors, but that doesn't mean I don't dig smart, Bible-trained, godly women who are out serving God according to their gifts. We follow our paths and all. And I do believe many areas of service in the church are permitted to women, not to mention directed by the Holy Spirit, the same Spirit who led Miriam to prophesy and Deborah to judge, and Phoebe to serve as deaconess.

But I do dig the RevGals who blog, and I especially dig this t-shirt they're plugging. You can buy it, if you've got the nerve and the bod for it.

Me, well, no pulpit on earth is gonna make my butt look dainty. Not even a full-out baroque, super-duper-extra large pulpit.

Ah, well.

1 comment:

Bonnie Calhoun said...

Yep, that was the size pulpit I was thinkin' I'd need to hide the junk in my trunk!