Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hurricane Anxiety Rising /or/
Why Mir Needs Extra Vitamin C This Week

Yep. There it is.

Storm coming in this direction and expected to hit Category One.

And, ooh, look, the shutter guy seems to have misplaced our order. He picked a very bad time to do that. I am PMSed and with my first hurricane anxiety attack of the year. I did some very, ahem, enthusiastic suggesting he get his rear in gear, since he promised me the shutters in early- to mid-JULY and was happy to take half down for that way back in the first week of May.

Three months ago.

So, the painter leaves a mess, the gutter guy knocks down our phone line, and the shutter guy forgets we exist.

I didn't cuss. I didn't hurl epithets. You'd be so proud.

So, if you are feeling kindly disposed to The Mir, could you add some weather-related prayers while you petition heaven for the super-important other stuff. Oh, please pray this storm fizzles and does no one any harm...anywhere!

And that I get my shutters. ::sniff::

6 comments:

Carol Collett said...

Praying for you. Never been in a hurricaine, but tornadoes aplenty. Nothing like nature's fury.

Bonnie Calhoun said...

I'll pray for you. that reminds me, I have a hurrican preparedness thing to post with the lesson tonight...It might lighten your anxiety...for several minutes!

Mirtika said...

Thanks, Bonnie. It might do me good.

Mir

Catherine Terry said...

Praying for you, and all others who may be in the path.

Catherine

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to catch the name of the next hurricane?

Mirtika said...

Yes, I did. Clearly, there is some synchronicity at work.

::giggle:::
Mir