Saturday, August 05, 2006

Have You Been Eavesdropping
on the Clarionites?

If not, you still can. Here's a list of some Clarion Workshop attendees--I call 'em Clarionites--who have been blogging or podcasting on their experiences at the famed science-fiction writer's intensive training event

When I was young and very fannish (it didn't last long, my fannish period, just a few years), I thought it would be the height of cool to participate in one of these. I didn't write SF back then, so it was more of an "ooooh, what if I could get a fave writer to mentor me for a few weeks?" thing. As I said, I was once very fannish.

I still think it must be an excruciating sort of pleasure--awful and wonderful, both.

I hope some very thrilling writers emerge from the new crop. I envy them just a wee bit.



Join the discussion as Christians explore science fiction and fantasy and horror at SPECULATIVE FAITH

4 comments:

Bonnie Calhoun said...

Hey Mir, I remember you taliking about a new organization for scifi and fantasy...CWFF or something like that. How about emailing me the particulars, I'd like to include the link on my new personal book review page, and then on the CFBA page when our new site is up!

The Curmudgeon's Rant said...

I would give my 15 yr old son's right leg to go to training like that.

Mirtika said...

Bonnie, I think you mean the CSFWA, which is going back to just being a yahoogroup fo rnow, cause the expansion to a website and forum is being scaled back. The founder can't afford to keep the website up right now, and everyone is too busy to take over the leadership role. :(

Mir

Bonnie Calhoun said...

Oh, too bad!