Saturday, July 08, 2006

If Hollywood Posters Were Like Medieval Russian Woodcuts

Big hat tip to Elliot for the link to the adorable array of images such as the following:







I've listed the ones I figured out, or ones I THINK I figured out, but a couple elude me.

If you can figure out the ones I can't, or can read Russian and know for sure, please post a comment. I hate not knowing! My list follows, but don't look at it if you want to puzzle them out without my prodding:



1. King Kong
2. The Terminator
3. The Matrix
4. Lord of the Rings
5. Beats me. Some big crocodile and some guy
6. Spiderman
7. The Empire Strikes Back
8. Harry Potter
9. Dunno. Some guy in a freaky outfit sticking some computer doohicky into his butt. Johnny Mnemonic? AI?
10. A drug dealer and some drunk guys. Trainspotting? Help me out, people!
11. Fahrenheit 451
12. Anaconda, probably. Maybe Buffy the Vampire Slayer? What say you?
13. War of the Worlds

5 comments:

Chris said...

I think 5 might be Jurassic Park, maybe The Freshman; I'm pretty sure 9 is Firewall. 10 is a puzzlement.

Did Kong have giant vegetables? I think it might be Groundhog Day. Hard to know not having seen the new Kong or having a lot of background detail in the illustration. And not reading Russian.

There are some camp staff here from Russia and Ukraine. I'll see what they come up with.

Mirtika said...

Hey, you think that first one might be Caddyshack? hahahah

It does look rather small and rodenty. What the heck is that???

Mir

The Curmudgeon's Rant said...

Broke Back Mt maybe?

Chris said...

Hey, you kids. Get away from that. I don't know what that is. What the heck is that?

Mirtika said...

Brokeback Mountain???? Oh, no. You didn't really type that. NOOOO!!!hahahahhaha

Chris, is that number 9 you, all dandified?

Mir