Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Humor and the Speculative Mind:
David Brin

I was reading an interview of David Brin conducted by the terrific artist with the hard to remember-how-to-spell name, Slawek Wojtowicz. (Did I get it right?) While doing so, I came upon this little tidbit, which just sent me into a sudden fit of MIRthful guffawing:

DB: You know, there are some cultures where the natives only have words for one, two three and many. What if they developed high technology without going any further in their numeracy? It could have happened! You can imagine their count down: many, many, many, many, three, two, one… Blast off!


AHAHAHAHAH. There I go again.

If you want to read the rest of the interview, go here. While you're there, check out the fabulous art on display in his virtual art gallery. SILENT CRY is one of my new favest paintings, has been since I first saw it last month. Isn't it faboo?

No comments: