Tuesday, July 18, 2006

EUREKA:
A Promising-Looking Comedy-Drama
Series from Sci-Fi Channel

It doesn't take a genius to figure out I'm an aficionado of the Sci-Fi Channel.

But it does take a genius--a whole lotta them--to populate the town of EUREKA.

The Miami Herald's TV critic, Glenn Garvin, has this to say about the new show:

It's set in upstate Washington rather than the sub-tropics, but Sci-Fi's comedy-drama Eureka series, which debuts tonight, is surreal and then some. It stars Colin Ferguson (The Opposite Of Sex) as a federal marshal who blunders into a top-secret little town where the government stashes geniuses. Dads build time machines in the basement while kids work out quantum-physics equations with chalk on the sidewalk.

But just like Wisteria Lane in Desperate Housewives, Eureka has a few problems lurking behind the rose bushes. One home-improvement project has started chewing holes in the universe, and there are hints that spies have infiltrated the place, too. Ferguson decides to investigate. When you see the wit and style with which Eureka is written, you may, too.


If you want a peek at the fictional town's confidential history, drop by SFFWorld.

I'm tuning in. If I can stay awake, that is. This genetic nite owl has managed to reset clock, temporarily, to day hours, waking at 6 am and ready to zonk out by 9 pm. Yesterday, I went out like the cliche light sometime during a rerun of Dharma and Greg, right before 8pm. Out. Woke up one am and brushed my teeth and crawled next to hubby, with whom I drowsily chatted for a while. He was in an "I love you, love you, adore you, love you, you're special" sort of babbly mood.

Who was I to rain on his love parade, when it's so much fun to smooch and babble back?

But if my eyes are open, yeah, I'll be watching.

I have some lovely chicken cutlets from the gourmet shop that I'll be making into low-fat chicken parmesan with a side of roasted mixed veggies (also from the gourmet shop) for me and the hubster. It'll be nice to chow down during a fun show, if hubby makes it back from the worship team's meeting with the pastor before showtime.

Record it, you say?

I would if I had a clue about how to do that, which I haven't since we got digital cable. Sigh, says tech-dodo me. And hubby hasn't taken the time to figure it out, cause he's been superduper busy. I never remember to ask him to figure it out and show me when he's NOT superduper busy. Why? Cause that's when we snuggle and nap and act like totally googly-in-love sloths in a pizza-carbs semi-coma.

Um, what was I talking about?

Oh, yeah. EUREKA.

Watch it.

Let's discuss it later.




Join the discussion of Christian Fantasy, Christian Science Fiction, or just Speculative Fiction from a Christian Perspective!

No comments: