Saturday, January 28, 2006

DRAGONS, KNIGHTS, & ANGELS: Joining the Team

It's been a busy week in Mirtown. Costly home repairs. Tooth extraction. Eldest nephew rushed to the E.R. and now hospitalized while they do tests to find out if it's the heart, the lungs, what? (Please pray for him. Kiko's the name. Healing.)

But it wasn't all tough going.

I was also asked to join the editorial team over at DRAGONS, KNIGHTS, & ANGELS.

Those of you who know me are probably going, "Oh, yeah, that child sure likes to critique writing." That's true. I can't deny it. I'm judicious about whose work I critique, generally, but I like wielding that big, blue pen.

DKA is a web magazine that's had some tough times, but it's a fighter. As someone who is writing Christian SFF, I can't help but have a soft spot for any enterprise that wants to open venues and opportunities for folks like me who read SFF, write SFF, and love Jesus.

If that's you--love reading or writing SFF and your heart bulges adoringly for the Lord of All--then do visit DRAGONS, KNIGHTS, & ANGELS.

~If you write Christian SFF, submit a story or poem.
~If you read Christian SFF, go and wander through the contents.
~If you've never written or read C-SFF, hurry over and try some. You might like it!

The current issue offers a tiny jewel of a poem by RV Saunders that will take you mere seconds to read, but will cast a small spell on you that will linger a while. It's called "After the Flood."

You'll also want to drop by THE SWORD REVIEW for more C-SFF. And, hey, read my story if you haven't already. My sidebar has links to both webzines.

NOTE: To all the lovely people who've sent kind comments on my story: thank you. Thank you.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CHRISTIAN SFF WRITER!

(And local is just a modem away these days, huh?)

So says the Mir, spanking new assistant editor at DKA, "The Magazine of Christian Fantasy and Science Fiction" :)

1 comment:

Bonnie Calhoun said...

I'm not much for that type of sci-fi....more techy type stuff, but you sure have had a full week.

Remember the joy of the Lord is your strength!