Monday, December 26, 2005

What The Mir Looks Like, Just Add Five Years and Shake Gently

I hate to take pictures. I didn't even allow a photographer to record my wedding. All I have of that blessed, beautiful, wonderful event are snapshots my brother Fred and BIL Skipper took. My camera-phobia is a pain in the tuchis, but there ya go. We can't be perfect.

But, so you know who your friendly neighborhood Mir-blogger is, here is a pic I happen to have on my computer, only because it was taken by a dear online pal that I met on AOL in 1996. Five years ago, she and her handsome Texan hubby came to Miami with a digital camera in hand. We had dinner at a lovely Italian restaurant in Coral Gables. The following picture (I had ointment on my eyes for some dermatitis, eek) resulted:

Mir circa 2000  Posted by Picasa

God made me smart, not cute. And I have no idea what being thin feels like. Maybe someday I'll catch a temporary, non-lethal, not-too-horrible wasting disease and find out.

Stop laughing.

8 comments:

April said...

You may be smart, but you're much cuter than you think you are too. As for not knowing what it's like to be skinny... I used to love getting sick because I knew I wouldn't eat and I'd loose weight. Of course, I always made up for it when I felt better. After all, I hadn't eaten all week... An extra fry was in order! :>).

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

April

Anonymous said...

From one dear online pal to another, I think you're beautiful from head to toe, Mirmie. Beauty and brains. You're all that and a bag of chips, girl.
Muah!
Terri
P.S. my handsome Texan hubby thinks you're gorgeous too!

sally apokedak said...

Mir! You are very cute.

And it's been so long since I've been thin that I have a hard time remembering what it feels like, too. Oh well. You know there is some truth to the jolly fat women cliché. Fat cells apparently make estrogen so fat women go through menopause much more easily than thin women. God was actually giving men a break when he made it so the female body would put on some weight after the last child was done nursing. Then, too, weight bearing is good for the bones. Makes 'em strong. heh heh. I made that last part up but it sounds good to me. =0)

Camy Tang said...

Aaah!! So that's what your funky eHarl pic is supposed to look like! ;)

You're a cutie and you know it! Vain woman!

Camy

Anonymous said...

Hey! Cut that out. You ARE cute. And thin is relative. LOL (I thought I was FAT in high school. I'd be THIN if I weighed that now). You're beautiful. Great smile.
MG

Mirtika said...

I am so not cute. But I am loved and I have a sense of humor, which helps a lot. :) Plus I write great limericks. (chuckle)

Thanks for the kind words. You salve the Big Mama's soul.

BMM

Heather Diane Tipton said...

LOL You are too cute! Don't make me send Mary after you to smack you! ;-)

Mirtika said...

This IS relative, yes. I am thin compared to Mount Everest, definitely.

Mir