Monday, December 26, 2005

THE SASSY SISTAHOOD IS A-COMING!

Hey, do you go for Women's Fiction ? More specifically, do you like Chick Lit? And can you get into a story with a spiritual dimension? More specifically, a Christian dimension?

(If you have to ask what Women's Fiction or Chick Lit is, then, well, you probably don't already read it and need to go google yourself up some answers, one of which will be BEACHES and another will be BRIDGET JONES' DIARY. If you don't know what a Christian novel is like, well, you need to google "Christian Fiction" or just drop me a comment and I'll be happy to recommend something.)

Did you just say to yourself something like this: "Why yes, I do like fiction, and especially humorous fiction, like Chick Lit, and boy, do I love Jesus!"

Great. You'll want to stay tuned to this site for the next couple of days. I'll be posting a Mir-of-a-kind interview with Marilynn Griffith--M-Nog to me, but that's another story, and no, you can't call her that. I got dibs.

Marilynn's the author of MADE OF HONOR, a spanking new work of Christian Chick Lit published by Steeple Hill Cafe, one of the lines of the popular inspirational imprint of the Harlequin empire.



So, here's the plan:

1. Post an excerpt
2. Post the interview
3. Post my review
4. If all goes well, you go buy the book, as do a bunch of other people, who thereby make Marilynn so rich that I can hit her up for a pricey Mac.

(Yes, I'm kidding. But don't think I'm not fantasizing about big, beautiful, powerful, shiny, unsmudged computers dancing into my life. Who needs sugarplums when there are Macs to be had?)

It's exciting for M-Nog. Imagine how thrilled you'd be with your very own first novel-baby. So come by and wish her well and cheer her on. And, well, cheer me up, too, with happy comments about what a dazzling interviewer I am. Lie if you must.

Just don't tell the SASSY SISTAHOOD on me.

They'll make me wear pepto-bismol pink.

3 comments:

Bonnie Calhoun said...

Mir, I love your Christmas post...and Mary-Marilyn girl is one of my favorite people!

Keep those interviews rolling and she will make the NYT bestseller list!

I'll be back for the interview!

upwords said...

Hey Mir,
Thanks again for doing this. You're cracking me up about that Mac.

Bonnie,
Hey you! Thanks for being here and for all your great support.

Blessings,
Marilynn Griffith (M-Nog to Mir)

roz said...

Mir,

I stumbled across your site via a question on a hair group, via a well written review on Amazon. I loved your interview and am interested in your suggestions for further reading in Christian Chick-lit and Christian fiction. I used to be an avid reader before I found my way back home to Christ. I read a lot of sci-fi and fantasy--with a stronger leaning to fantasy. I would like to know what's good in the Christian arena. I do plan on reading Marilynn Griffith's book.

Thanks for taking the time to put this on-line.

Peace,

roz